When thinking of the best things to gift family and friends this year, on a somewhat tight budget as well as a timeline (after having just moved into a new home just one week before I would be gifting these goodies) my mind immediately went to my essential oils box. Over the last year the change towards useful, and minimalism has been slow but I am working towards it, and I wanted to carry that over into my gifting this year, too. Instead of giving these people I cared about, more things to just sit around their house and take up space and clutter their minds, I went with a few fun DIY essential oil creations.
- Oil blend roll-ons
- Room spray
- Epsom salt bath soak
I personally choose Young Living essential oils, but other brands can be substituted.
Oil Blend Roll-On
I made four different blends. The two consistent ingredients were:
– 10ml amber glass roller bottle
– Grapeseed Oil ( look up other essential oil carrier oils for substitutes for this )
- Put the drops of essential oils into the bottle first. ( usually around 10-20 total drops )
- Swirl the oils around the sides of the bottle.
- Fill the bottle up nearly to the top with the carrier oil, my choice is grapeseed oil because it is light and is okay to use on your face.
10 drops Thieves3 drops Lemon
2 drops Frankincense
Troubled Tummy Blend:
10 drops DiGize
5 drops Peppermint
3 drops Lemon
Stress Go Bye Bye Blend:
5 drops Lavender
5 drops Peppermint
5 drops Frankincense
Zit Be Gone Blend:
5 drops Tea Tree5 drops Lavender
I made two different room spray scents. Christmas Spirit, Fresh Scent, and Lavender and Pine. I used 2oz amber glass spray bottles since these were just for a gift box size.
-Alcohol/Vodka/Witch Hazel (I used vodka)
–2oz Amber Glass Spray Bottles
- Put 15 drops of essential oils in the spray bottle.
- Pour just a tiny dash of vodka, less than a teaspoon into the glass bottle.
- Fill to the top with distilled water.
15 drops Christmas Spirit
9 drops Lemon
6 drops Lavender
Lavender and Pine
10 drops Lavender
5 drops Pine
Infused Epsom Salt
–8oz Amber Glass Jars
-Plain Epsom Salt
-Baking Soda-Essential Oils
- Add to a large bowl, 1 cup of Epsom Salt
- add 2 tablespoons baking soda
- add 20 drops of Lavender essential oil ( or your scent of choice )
- mix together
- place 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary into the jar
- pour Epsom Salt mix into the jar
- repeat or double the recipe to fill more than one jar
All I can tell you is that these gifts were a hit and I lets just say I had a hard time giving them away because they all smelled so delightful. Here here for essential oil living in 2017!