This Sunday’s morning treat. Baked french toast sticks.
1/4 c – 1/2 c milk
nutmegbread – I used Brioche- 4 slices for 1 with leftovers
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix milk and eggs in a bowl – the amount of milk you use will be dependent on how much bread you are going to use.
- Cut bread into slices. I used about four slices of brioche and cut them into three pieces each.
- Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper before starting to dunk bread.
- Dip each stick in the milk/egg mixture. Lay them on the parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Mix white sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl. Depending on how sugary you want them will determine how much you use. I used about 4 tablespoons of white sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg.
- Using a spoon sprinkle the sugar/cinnamon/nutmeg mixture over the top of the sticks.
- I love cinnamon, so I sprinkled a little more cinnamon over the top for fun.
- Put the sticks in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Take them out and flip, put back in the oven and cook for about 5-10 more minutes depending on how crunchy/soft you desire your yummy french toast sticks to be!
- Plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar and dip in syrup!