After much deliberation, we have decided to begin on our own pursuit of slowness NOW not later. We kept trying to convince ourselves that waiting for some sort of change, season, career change, or the end of the semester was the right time to start, but then we thought about it more and what the heck are we waiting for? JUST START.
Slow may mean something different for you than for us, but here is our list of goals:
- Make more: this includes cooking, baking, sewing, building, diy cleaning projects, etc.
- Make plans to have no plans: aka STAY HOME
- Less screens, more books: We love how we feel when we read and feel wasteful when we watch tv.
- Get outside: connect with nature, take Frida for a walk. We sleep better after fresh air. Better sleep makes us better people therefor GET OUTSIDE.
- Eliminate decisions: this means have less things, less clothes, and opportunities for making decisions. Life is full of decision making, eliminate the stress of silly time wasting decisions like “what should I wear” by having less options so you have energy to make bigger decisions throughout the day. ( more to come later about my closet changes )
- Cook at home: We make healthier choices at home and it brings us such joy to be at home with our pup and try new recipes.
Currently reading Chasing Slow and loving every minute of it.